Desktop as a Service or DaaS is a cloud computing service where a cloud service provider hosts the back-end of VDI or a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure. Some of the reasons in favour of choosing DaaS are:
- It is great for small or moderate sized businesses: Since installation of a VDI in house requires considerable investment, DaaS provides small and mid-sized businesses the opportunity to enjoy the services of VDI without the need for an on-premise VDI deployment.
- DaaS is definitely a better option from the financial point of view: With the use of DaaS services from a reliable vendor like Phoenix Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS), the cost of expensive hardware devices and their installation can be completely avoided. This can be replaced by manageable monthly or annual subscription payments to access DaaS
- No need to manage technology stack: Since there is no requirement to install sophisticated and complex infrastructure at the business site, the arduous tasks of maintaining such infrastructures, regularly, updating them and repairing damages on the way, are also absent.
- Simple requirements: Since DaaS allows users to access the software on any computer associated with an internet service, users of this technology can access the VDI on common, inexpensive computers. This saves money by negating the need to install specialized, expensive computer systems.
- Higher safety: Most often the vendors of DaaS like Phoenix Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS), have greater power, knowledge and capital required to invest in installing the software safety features than small and medium businesses. Hence, it is often a better idea to select DaaS over VDI to achieve enhanced security services.
- DaaS offers more flexibility: Every time a business needs newer updates or wish to upgrade the service and introduce new features, significant time and money needs to be spent on these activities when using a VDI. However, it is easier to instruct the vendor to make the new changes since the vendor usually is more well equipped to introduce the changes more safely into the system. Hence, DaaS systems offer more flexibility than VDI’s.
- Not subject to localized changes: A reliable internet service is all that is needed to enjoy DaaS services. Local power shortages, dysfunctional hardware devices and other disruptive forces are absent while accessing VDI via DaaS.
- Does not drain the internal IT man-power: DaaS does not require a high level of skill and expertise for deployment. The need to spend a whole lot of money in hiring specialized personnel to handle the VDI systems is absent while using DaaS.
- Allows greater mobility: In an age where telecommuting is fast becoming a trend, the use of DaaS allows consumers to access complex software from their own devices that they find comfortable to use. DaaS is also ideal to a connect geographically separated workforce since there is no need to work on centralized hardware devices.
- Customer reviews: As a consumer, popularity of a service often influences our choice of the same. DaaS technology is now adopted by many businesses all over the globe to support their software needs. Customers of these services definitely seem happy since DaaS is gaining more and more customers with every passing day.
For More information call us @ 602-559-9377 or fill up this form